Inaugural Awards to Honor Outstanding Achievement in Technology Innovations Designed to Improve Health and Wellness Outcomes for ConsumersNEW YORK, NY/November 26, 2013—Everyday Health, a leading digital health and wellness company, announced a call for entries to the inaugural Everyday Health Awards for Innovation to honor outstanding achievement in health and wellness technology innovation. Entries from around the world are being accepted at Awards.DigitalHealthSummit.com now through December 20, 2013. The winners across six categories will be announced during a live ceremony hosted at the Digital Health Summit during the 2014 International CES® on Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 4:30pm PT. The Everyday Health Awards for Innovation will honor individuals, companies or organizations that are utilizing technology to design and engineer innovative products or services that help people or patients with better health outcomes, every day. One winner in each of the following categories will be chosen:
- Patient Diagnostics & Management: Participatory healthcare products or services that help patients manage chronic medical conditions at home, at work or on-the-go.
- The Healthy Consumer: Products or services that consumers can use on their own to improve their everyday health and wellness, including wearable technology, health tracking apps and devices, at-home genetic testing, fitness optimization and more.
- Emerging Tech: Cutting edge technological and biotech advances that can dramatically change and improve the way consumers live, including the utilization of 3-D printing, enabling technology like eye tracking, or monitoring that is embedded into clothing.
- Inclusive Innovation: Technology innovations serving the critical needs of consumers aged 50 and older.
- Student Innovation: This category is open to any currently enrolled student for a technology innovation that can help improve health outcomes.
- The Healthiest Company: Highlights an exemplary company that provides innovative health and wellness solutions to keep employees happy and healthy.
(more)“The convergence of consumer electronics and technology with health is creating a dynamic shift in the way people manage their health,” said Ben Wolin, CEO and Co-Founder, Everyday Health. “Everyday Health is excited to honor outstanding achievement in this field at our inaugural awards ceremony during the Digital Health Summit at CES.” “Five years ago, no one predicted that there'd be a place in the consumer electronics landscape for digital health. This year your doctor may prescribe an app instead of an aspirin, a bracelet instead of a stress test. We're thrilled that Everyday Health is working with us to help honor and recognize key technology advancements in our rapidly expanding industry," said Jill Gilbert, producer of the Digital Health Summit. Consumer digital and technology companies, from small startups to worldwide corporations, convene each year at the CES Digital Health Summit. Participation in the summit has increased 34 percent since 2013 alone. For more information about the Everyday Health Awards for Innovation, including details about the award categories, rules, and how to enter, please visit: http://awards.digitalhealthsummit.com/ The two-day Digital Health Summit conference, produced by Living in Digital Times, will be held during CES on Wednesday, January 8, 2014 from 9:00am-5:00pm and Thursday, January 9, 2014 from 9:00am-4:30pm at the Las Vegas Convention and World Trade Center (LVCC) with the Everyday Health Awards ceremony at 4:30pm on Thursday, January 9, 2014. Innovations in digital health, including the finalists for the Everyday Health Awards, will be showcased daily in the Digital Health Summit TechZone on the exhibition floor of the LVCC January 7-10, 2014. About Everyday Health, Inc. Everyday Health is a leading digital health and wellness company. Attracting 40+ million people monthly through its popular websites, mobile applications, and social media presence, Everyday Health inspires consumers to live healthier lives and helps doctors make more informed decisions for their patients. Everyday Health reaches an additional one million viewers per episode through its weekly TV series on ABC stations. The company’s broad portfolio of products spans the health spectrum, from in-depth medical content for condition prevention and management to healthy lifestyle offerings. Everyday Health was founded in 2002 by CEO, Ben Wolin, and President, Mike Keriakos.
# # #Media Contacts: Everyday Health, Inc.: Jennifer Perciballi, VP, Public Relations, (646) 728-9777, (646)476-1245 mobile, JPerciballi@EverydayHealthInc.com LKPR, Inc. for Living in Digital Times: Linda Krebs, (646) 484-4539, (646) 824-5186 mobile LK@LKPublicRelations.com